Monday, June 18, 2012

What I'm readong in June

Right now I'm a little swamped in books...and I love it! I haven't really been into a book since I read "Devil in the White City," in January of last year. Yeah, I know. I've read a couple of books since then, but not many. I just ordered several books from Amazon.com.

I just finished reading aloud "Homer Price" by Robert McCloskey. It was so cute. I ordered "Centerburg Tales" at the same time and that is more stories of Homer Price. Homer is an average boy in the 1940's. The book "Homer Price" is 6 stories from his life.







Miles is reading aloud to me "Dick and Jane and Friends."  That is still going very well.  Of course some days are better than others, but he is still reading!









Personally, I just finished reading "The Princess Bride: S. Morgenstern's Classic Tale of True Love and High Adventure," by William Goldman.  It was excellent!  I really enjoyed the book, but I LOVE the movie!








Currently I'm reading "In the Garden of Beasts: Love, Terror, and an American Family in Hitler's Berlin" by Erik Larson. So far (page 160 out of 480) it is excellent! I'm really enjoying the story. It is about the American ambassador to Germany appointed about 6 months after Hitler is appointed as chancellor. He brought his family with him to Germany, and his daughter was an aspiring writer so there are many documents from their stay.






I'm also slowly making my way through "Praying the Scripture for Your Children" by Jodie Berndt.  It is very good, and I'm enjoying the new aspect of scripture.








 I also have another Erik Larson book, "Naked Consumer: How Our Private Lives Become Public Commodities," and  "Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption" by Laura Hillenbrand just waiting on my nightstand!  I'm so happy to have found a couple of books to really enjoy!

No comments: