Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Progress

Do you know what this is?



If you guessed that it is my china cabinet dangling 3 stories in the air, you guessed right! Go get yourself a cookie!
The specialty company came yesterday and moved the items out that needed to go out the window. They also crated a few items that needed special crates made (including my desk) and disconnected the washer and dryer to prep them for the move. You should see the office now. It looks and feels empty, except of course for the thousands of boxes (of I exaggerate but there are a lot). Of course I had been procrastinating doing the laundry. Then we did something I really wish I had the camera for, we went to the laundry mat. It was kinda fun. We put our laundry basket in the wheelie cart, put him in our laundry basket and pushed him around the laundry mat. It was fun.

For the longest time it felt like this move was ages and ages away. Now we have some progress, it feels real, and it is on top of me! I'm leaving in 3 days. I can't believe it! Three days from now I will no longer live in San Francisco, I will no longer wake up to views of a beautiful hill and trees from the back window, I will no longer be able to see the sun set over the ocean out my front window every day. It is good, and sad too. However, I'm so excited to live closer to my parents again. They can't wait to have Miles close. Jared's parents are great and they live very close too!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Ah! That's kinda scary! Good luck with your move!
Thanks for entering my Bloggy Giveaway!

heidi @ ggip said...

That looks really scary! Reminds me of that commercial where the movers break the whole piano, except I trust they didn't break anything of yours.

Anyhow, Hi! I am just about visiting the blogs of people who entered my contest. Thanks for entering and I hope you feel free to visit anytime!