Thursday, April 9, 2009

This week in pictures and some lamps

We are having Easter lunch at my house. I wanted to use my china for Christmas, but we had breakfast and left town right afterword. It seemed easier to keep it a bit casual. I really want to have the table look nice. My mother-in-law is the type that always sets a fancy table. If we were to give her 20 minutes notice that we were crashing her dinner, she would have the china out and a nice dinner ready to go on the table. She certainly doesn't demand that from others, but she says that she enjoys setting a fancy table to show her family she appreciates them. I can't see myself doing that too frequently with a toddler in the house, but I do want to make holidays special. Anyway, I'm spending a bit of time this week planning the menu and table.

Here are some pictures from the week. I'm getting better at taking pictures frequently again!

A sleeping bag we got from a garage sale the weekend

Wearing a crown (made from a pant leg I cut to hem)
"Hi Mom!" Wearing gloves.


Also, Jared installed lamps for me this week. I fell in love with these lamps a month or so before Christmas. They were pretty expensive, so I didn't think I'd be able to get them. I wanted to hang them above my sewing table for task lighting. My sewing machine has been in a room with no overhead lighting since we moved back home. It's hard to sew with no lights, but it isn't necessary to have two expensive lamps either. :( Anyway, for Christmas my parents gave me a gift card for a little over half the cost of the lamps! Jared and I went ahead and ordered them, and I was so excited! However, since the room has no overhead lighting, it was going to be quite a chore to get them up in the vaulted ceiling and figure out the switch. Well, he and his dad took care of most of it this weekend, and Jared and I finished it up Tuesday! I LOVE THEM!!

My lamps!

No comments: