Friday, January 29, 2010

Another day, another post!

Well, how time flies. It's been 8 days since I posted. I was doing so well too! We just haven't been doing too much. Today we did something. Something big! Miles went to Mother's Day Out for the first time today. I have never left Miles in the care of someone other than my immediate family while I wasn't in the same building. The ONLY exception to this is when Jared and I wanted to drive our friends sports car (Lotus Elise *drool*) and there was no room for a car seat. We left him for about an hour with our very dear friends who have a child less than 3 months older.

Before we left for the MDO, and the whole way over we were talking about the toys that would be there and the other kids. He was pretty excited to go. We had to fill out a little paperwork in the director's office, then it was off to his classroom. He was ready to run in, the director opened the door, he saw the other kids, then ran back and grabbed my leg! It was so sweet, but he was a little scared. We got into the room and somehow he saw, on the top of a six foot tall cabinet, a front loader! I have no idea how he saw it. I didn't even see it at first. He asked to get it down and another little boy got excited about having it too. I sneaked out. I knew he'd do fine. When I got home, I cried and cried. All I wanted to do was go back to bed! Four and a half hours later I picked him up, and it was like he didn't even miss me! His "teacher" said he did well, but didn't nap...Good enough for me!

No comments: