Friday, January 15, 2010

Goals Sharpened

Ok, we are two weeks in to the year 2010. I've given my goals a lot more thought. At the very beginning of the year I had some general areas that I wanted to work on. Here they are in a much sharper form. I'm not saying that I'm going to meet all these goals (there are a lot), but it is something (big) to strive for!

* Meal Planning Goal - I already do well with this, but I'm not ready to drop it from my goals yet.
~Meal plan for each week.
~Plan a vegetarian meal once a week.
~Plan for leftovers.
~Cook once every 2-3 months for the freezer.
* Weight Loss Goal
~Plan healthy meals and snacks.
~Weekly weigh ins.
~Weekly photo of progress (at least until goal is reached).
~I have a goal for 15lbs in the first 3 months of the year.
~I think once I hit the 15lb goal I'll have 5 more to go, but I'll re-evaluate.
* Cleaning Goal
~Help Miles pick up toys every night before bath/bed.
~Give Miles chores (put away jacket, clear place after meal, unload his cups from dishwasher).
~Keep floors clean (swept & mopped) - I do this pretty well, but needed it in writing.
~Keep horizontal surfaces cleaned off. - Jared has a tendency to move things from Miles and put them...wherever. This makes it hard, but how nice to have a home where you are never worried about opening the door.
~Schedule? Monday/Thursday laundry Tuesday floors Wednesday work Friday pickup for weekend? - Six lists?
* Bible Study Goal
~Have a daily Bible study.
~Read the Bible in a year - after having trouble getting started I've decided to begin with the minor prophets.

* Stop Biting Nails

~Paint Nails.
~Stop biting for a week or two.
~Grow enough nail to get manicure without embarrassment.
~Get manicure.
~Maintain manicure every 4-5 weeks.
* Work Goal
~Set up childcare for Monday and Wednesdays.
~Work!
~Think of this as time to do something different but less important than my "full-time job."
* Picture Goal
~Complete 52 of 52 challenge.
~Try to take pictures of Miles at least three times a week.
~Take Mother's & Father's day pictures this year!
* Gardening Goal
~Use garden for each gardening season of the year.
~Use items grown in the garden for food and gifts.
~Make home made jalapeno jelly for gifts!
* Budgeting Goal
~Jared and I still need to sit down and work on this one! I think we are going to make a full budget soon. We are dragging our feet.
* Sewing Goal
~Finish quilt sampler.
~Take another quilting class?
~Finish Miles' baby blanket (now that he's no longer a baby).
*Christmas Goals
~Hand make at least 5 Christmas gifts this year.
~Work on one every other month.
~Keep running Christmas gift list all year.
~Try to have complete list by early/mid October.
~Buy 3 stocking stuffers a month (16 stockings to stuff).
~Create Thanksgiving Tree/Jessee Tree.
~Complete Advent activities.
* Organizational Goal
~Simplify my space (I.E. have a closet with some space in it).
~Work on closets this year - I'd like to have a place for everything. Everything may not alway be in it's place, but at least it will have one!

Those are my refined goals. Now it's time to attack!

FYI, feeling much better. I'll be working out again this afternoon. I'm thinking about adding a daily walk...at least as weather permits!

No comments: