Tuesday, February 1, 2011

January Wrap-Up



It's February first! This is the official beginning of "busy season" in my work. I shift my work schedule from 2 days a week to 3, and Miles goes to a Mother's Day Out 2 of those days. Well, today the weather didn't cooperate. It sleeted from about 2am to 6am, and it's snowing now. Everything is closed today!
January was a busy month here. I completed 2 books which I posted about earlier this week. A dear friend also had her first baby. The baby's name is Riley, and she was born 6 weeks early! She spent the month in the NICU. The mother is dong extremely well. The stress is wearing on her, but she's holding up. Her baby shower was mid month. We really value reading around here, and she's come to me asking about reading, and telling me that the nurses are really encouraging her to read to Riley. I knew we wanted our gift to center around reading. I went to a used book shop, and bought something between 10-15 board books for her. Some were ones that we enjoyed, others were by favorite authors, and others just looked really good. I also made her some burp cloths, and a baby blanket all out of fabric I've had laying about the house for far longer than I care to remember! I really enjoyed sewing again, and I'm looking forward to another project.
Miles' birthday is February 10th, so we've been busy planning a party for him. I have lots of neat ideas, and I'll start posting about them as soon as they start coming together. The party is on the 11th, so I don't have too long to make that happen!
I've all but stopped taking pictures this month. I have to get back on top of that.
The Daring Baker's Challenge was posted this morning, and I'm so excited! I think it won't be too hard for me, which makes me glad. I was worried that the I'd be so in over my head, I wouldn't be able to be creative with it at all. This one I know I can do, and I've already started thinking of creative execution ideas!

No comments: