Wednesday, August 15, 2007

1 A.M.

Hi! It's 1:00 in the morning. Yeah, I know. Last night while working on this Ferber thing, Miles woke up around 12:30 and I just brought him into my bed to feed him. This morning I'm determined not to do that, although I think I created a monster last night. I have already promised him that the next time he wakes I will feed him. I mean that too. I would just like the feeding to be closer to 2 or 3 when he usually is hungry. That would give me more like 4 hours of sleep. By myself. Instead, I'm up at 1 A.M. blogging. This sucks. I have had great results so far though. - I just read through this before posting and I want to clear something up. He shouldn't be waking becasue of hunger just yet. We worked on weaning the unnecessary night feedings before starting Ferber, and with the current eating schedule he should not be hungry. I think it is just being unsettled with some of the changes. Anyway, I'm not starving my darling son...just moving the feeding back a bit.

Yesterday, I went to a mom's group. It was fun. They were going to have pizza then go to a park that is pretty near. We missed the pizza (I screwed up the time) but we went to the park. That was cool. I met a few moms and they seemed nice. I thought I would deffinantly go back. After a while of playing at the park, Miles got hungry. I found a quiet bench and fed him. He fell asleep. Sound asleep. I talked with the other mothers for a bit, then made my way out back to the bus stop to go home. Of course not long after we left the park a loud truck woke him up. I think he slept for about 30 minutes. When we got home at about 3, he was not sleepy at all. I try not to let him sleep after 4. Sure enough at 4:30 he started showing signs of being sleeppy. Then at 4:50 he was a nightmare. I put him down for a 30/45 minute nap. After that he was still really fussy. I gave him a teething cookie, and he was much better.

Tonight when I put him down, get this, he fussed for 10 minutes. I'm not holding my breath that this means Ferber worked and we are done and it will forever be like this. I think he was really tired from the park and being around all the kids. Anyway, I'll take what I can get!

Before I got home from the mom's group Jared called. He asked what I was doing and I told him I was on my way home. Then he says, "we are moving." Yay! We are going home! I'm so overwhelmed with this news. There are still some things that need to be finalized before we are actually moving, but this is huge! We have been wanting to move for quite some time.

Anyway, it's 1:30, and he has been asleep for about 20 min. I'm going back to bed! Yay moving!

No comments: