Monday, May 5, 2008

It was a 199 picture weekend

Ok, today is the 5th of the month, and so far I have taken 199 pictures! That is even after forgetting my camera on Saturday.

On Friday a friend, Jessica, and I took Miles and her nephew to the zoo. We met a friend of Jessica's there with her two children. It was a lot of fun.

We got a later start than we had planned on getting and ended up not even seeing half of the zoo! Guess we'll have to go back again.

We had been talking very seriously about buying a tandem kayak before Miles was born, and put it on the back burning while I was pregnant. On our way to the zoo Jared called and asked how I was feeling about it now. I told him I was interested but wanted to do some research on taking children in kayaks. About 10 minutes later my dad called and said that he was going to do a demo day at the local lake here with several kayaks and asked if Jared and I wanted to go too. I told him we'd love to and we would be there. So Saturday he put that together for the afternoon. We went out with my mom and dad and mom watched Miles and took him to a nearby playground while we tested some out (thanks mom!). We really enjoyed it and the guy that was hosting the event knew a lot about kayaks. We told him that we wanted to get a tandem and use it with Miles who is 14 months old. He was very encouraging and gave us a lot of great advice. He also said that he did not have any tandems there that day because it was Saturday and they were all rented, but he could let us test some out during the week. We could also take Miles in the kayak with us. I was so grateful and we told him that we would email him Monday about a date. We are currently working on setting it up for this Thursday.

Sunday Jessica came back over and Jared worked on her car while I took a very luxurious Sunday morning nap! After he was finished we went to the local farmer's market to buy fruit and vegetables for the week (we like to go with at least someone else so we can split some of what we won't use before it goes bad). We asked if she wanted to go to R.E.I. with us to help with Miles while we looked at tandem kayaks and she said she'd be glad to. We went up there and while Jared and I took one down she took Miles off to find a lifevest that fit him. She brought him back over happily snugged into a bright red one. It was perfect and goes all the way up to 50lbs! We set him on the child seat in the kayak we had down. We rocked it back and forth then got out. After we were out, Miles kept rocking the boat. He loved it. A couple of girls came over and they wanted to get in too. They enjoyed playing in it more than their dad enjoyed them being in it! When I tried to get Miles out he started crying. He really liked the boat. On our way home we saw my parents and guessed that they were on their way to the same store to buy a kayak. I called dad's cell and sure enough they were. They were also very surprised that we would have guessed that as they didn't see us on the road when we saw them! They invited us to go back to the store and be with them, but Miles had just fallen asleep in the back. They then said that they were going to the lake as soon as they were finished and invited us to go there and even test drive their new boat. We agreed to that and met them there after nap time. We all had fun. Jessica brought two of her dogs and we all had fun with them and testing dad's kayak out. Mom even said that she thought she wanted one. We didn't let Miles go though.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and got a chance to enjoy some great weather. My house looks like I have been enjoying the great outdoors. I should go get some work done! I meant to post a month in review for my goals on the first but didn't get to it. I'll try to do that tomorrow.

No comments: