Monday, September 15, 2008

101 Days Until Christmas

I mentioned that I was going to participate in the Holiday Grand Plan this year. This is the week for the Entry/Foyer. I don't have much of an entry hall, and my kitchen needs help badly. So, I have decided that I'm going to organize the kitchen this week. Actually, the kitchen, pantry, and laundry room.

Yesterday we left at around 11, to run two errands, and go to a friend's house that is an hour away. Before we left, I cleaned the kitchen counters really well. I hadn't done this in a bit, and they needed it badly. In my house, as in most others, things tend to accumulate in the kitchen. I cleared them off, and scrubbed them with baking soda. I also cleaned out the sink and loaded the dish washer. Sure enough when we unloaded the car Jared put stuff on the counter and told me he would clean it off in the morning. Grr. I didn't say anything and moved it to the dining room table when he left the room. It was so nice to wake to a clean kitchen and clean dishes in the washer ready to be put away!

So far this morning, I have reorganized the shelves in the laundry room. I then unloaded the pantry, cleaned off the shelves, cut and installed shelf liner, and organized the contents. Now it's closer to what it was 7 months ago when I first organized it. I swept the cuttings of the shelf paper off the floor too. I had to clean off the top of the refrigerator this weekend too because we were working on the ice maker.

Now I need to do the cabinets and drawers in the actual kitchen. The good news is, I still have all week!

No comments: