Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sweet Dreams!


I mentioned in the last post that we were trying something different with Miles' bedtime routine. We had bounced him to sleep for every night and nap time.

I knew that he was ready to fall asleep on his own for bed time, but he was not ready for nap time. I was talking to my sister, and told her that I think the reason we have not switched at bed time is because of me. I didn't know how to switch him for naps, and
I (selfishly) didn't want to be the only one to have to bounce him. I told her that I realized what I was doing and we were switching bed time. I also hoped that in switching bedtime, he would become ready to switch for naps. She helped me realize that I was dragging the process out. So, Tuesday for nap time I told Miles what we were doing and that he was going to fall asleep like a big boy. We talked about it, did our nap time routine, and I put him in his crib. It was terrible! But it didn't last. He did fall asleep on his own, and slept pretty well. Today he fell asleep even more quickly at nap time and there was no crying at all for bed time. This is fantastic, and quite a relief. I'm not sure how it will translate on our vacation coming up in less than two and a half weeks, but we'll see!

No comments: