Monday, September 8, 2008

Monday Morning Mastery

Ok, here it is...
When I got pregnant I was at about the highest weight I've been. I don't think it quite qualified as overweight, but really close. Obviously, I got pregnant and gained even more. I was pretty nervous about losing it. My mother, father, and one of my two sisters are overweight. That is not something I have ever wanted to have to deal with. Well, after I had Miles I lost the weight pretty quickly. I kept nursing for a long time (over a year) and the weight kept coming off. It was great, but I fell into the trap of thinking I could eat what I wanted. I've always been a nervous eater, and when Miles cries, I eat. We have had a LOT of sleep problems (especially nap time when I'm here by myself). Well, now I weigh about 5 pounds more than I did when I got pregnant. Bad times! I have to do something NOW!!!!

We had been running and doing push ups and that seemed to be controlling the problem, but then both of us started having mystery pains, especially our feet. So, we stopped running, and then ended up stopping the push ups and most all other activity. I'm going to try to do something about it. I just feel bad. When Jared gains weight he sleeps badly and has other problems. I'm not having those problems, but I hate seeing my reflection, and looking at a scale (even when I'm not on it). I don't want to feel like this.

I'm going to start the push up program again. I had been working out at the local rec center. I haven't gone since Miles had swim classes this summer. I may try to hit that a few times a week again. I really don't feel like I can run again, but walking is still in.


Now for being responsible. I'm going to start posting on Wednesdays about my activity, eating, and a weigh in. I'm not daring enough to post an actual number right now. I've weighed myself today, and I wrote the number and date on a note card and put that in the bathroom. I'm going to do a weekly + and - system for the blog. This week, being the first, I'll start with a 0.

So, join me for a Monday Morning Mastery. I can Master my weight, you can too. Jen at AmazingTrips started this on Wednesdays and used it to train for a triathlon. I'm not going that far, yet. But we'll see.

No comments: