Monday, April 9, 2012

Beginning today...

Beginning today I'm doing The Whole 30 by The Whole 9. I'm excited (and a little scared). It is strict. No legumes, no potatoes, no processed foods, no dairy, no grains, no sugar, oh yeah, and absolutly no alcohol for 30 days. Hmm. But, it isn't about what you can't eat. It is about what you CAN eat. You can eat all the whole "clean" foods you want. Particularly vegetables. Vegetables are good and filling and healthy.

My husband and I have eaten well for a good while, although we've been very lax of late. We are mostly doing this to support my sister. She has never really eaten well, and she is out of shape. She's tired of it, and I love supporting her! I'm excited for her. I'm going to use the next 3o days as a chance to get "back to basics" with food, but mostly a time to start working out.

Jared and I took a kettlebell class recently. We've tried it a few times since then, and are ready to get on a regular routine. I'm thinking every other day. I'm most excited about that. I guess I missed my goal of losing 10 pounds in the first 3 months of the year, but I'm hoping to drop some in the next 30 days.

No comments: