Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Resolutions?

Maybe just Goals (seems less weighty, no?).


I'd really like to sew more this year.
~I was able to basically assemble a baby blanket for Miles. I'd like to finish that very early this year. All I have left to do is finish the binding and quilt it. I have already decided that I'm going to machine bind it. I haven't worked on it since he was born in early February. I have put away all of my sewing stuff until after the move, so I probably won't be able to work on it again until after he is one! That is probably the first thing I will sew.
~I made stockings for everyone in the family a few years ago. Extended family too...I mean EVERYONE. Now there are 2 new babies in the family needing stockings!
~I made a table runner for a Christmas swap this year. I purchased enough fabric to make one for myself and some place mats. I was telling a friend about it, and she said that she wanted a table runner. If I can still find fabric that I like, I'll probably make her one for Christmas this year and make mine too. Here is a pic (not very good though)

~I really want to make a bag from this book Bend-The-Rules Sewing. Ok, a few things from there.

I lost some weight last year and I'd like to keep that off. Possibly even lose 5 more pounds.
~I'd like to sign up for a dance class.
~I'd also like to begin working out regularly.

There are many improvements to the house that we own in Texas that we would like to do this year.
~We are replacing the flooring in the 3 bedrooms and the front formal room. The master bedroom and one of the bedrooms are the most important. This will get rid of all of the carpeting in the house.
~I really want a garden. I'd like to begin it this year. We should be back at a good time. I can get the soil ready before spring and plant then. I'd like a vegetable garden and to work on the landscaping in general.
~Along the same vein, we need to work on the grass in the front and back yards. Our renter has 2 large dogs and they have torn up the back yard pretty badly. The front has always needed work.

I'd also like to begin having a regular Bible study time. I don't have a Bible study book that I'm wanting to go through, so I think that will be the first step.

I also want to participate in Smart Habit Saturday with some regularity this year. How embarrassing, I just looked and there hasn't been one since November 23! I haven't been posting to my blog or reading my regular blogs either. Well, I'm sure Laura will have some again in the new year! I may try to use Joe's Goals too. Not sure on that one.

I need to update Miles' website so there are tabs (or something) for 2008. This has to be done soon.

Oh, I also want to try to email Jared a picture of Miles on most of the days that he is working. Kind of like a photo of the day. I'll let you know how it goes. Here is today's photo...


That seems like plenty. There is so much more that I want to do, but I think I'll overload myself. :)

No comments: