Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April

There are so many things I'd like to do this month.

I've been working from the "Sidetracked Home Executives" books for housekeeping. They have you use a card file to keep up with chores. I'd like to "stay in the box" all month long! That would be a HUGE accomplishment for me. I start off each week well, but by the end of the week I've usually blown off a bunch of tasks and generally gotten off track. Also, when you skip a card you are supposed to file it as though it has been done after making a notation on it so that you do it next time you come to it. I haven't been doing this either. Because I'm not staying with it for a long time, I'm just removing the cards that mark the day and leaving the task cards on the next day. This makes the amount to do on each day a lot. So, I really want to give it my best for a whole month and see what comes of it. After that I should know if it is the method I want to use.

As I said yesterday, I am really ready to start sewing again. There are many projects that I want to work on. This month, I'd like to begin and complete the bean bags for Madison and Nicholas. I'd also like to finish the binding for the baby blanket. This will only leave the quilting left on that project.

I want to finish decorating the kitchen and laundry rooms. I also want to hang the last of the art that we haven't put up yet.

This weekend I read about half of Exodus. I'd like to continue my daily Bible reading this month (hopefully catch up to where I should be in the Bible in a year study). My parents both said they wanted to participate in the read the Bible in a year study, but neither of them were caught up either. I read outloud in the car. I hope Jared decides to get involved too.

One last thing, I'd like to start sending Jared the daily pictures of Miles again. I had been doing well with it, but not recently.

No comments: