Monday, April 7, 2008

Nice weekend

We had a very nice weekend. Every weekend since we have been back in Texas has been very busy. This one was no exception other than the craziness started on Wednesday! Wednesday night Jared left for Tennessee. He left just at Miles' bedtime, and returned Thursday after bedtime. Friday he was going to work from home and we were going to have a bit of family time before we hosted a dinner for some friends here at the house. He ended up having to go in "for a couple of hours." That turned into several, which turned into him calling me at 5:30 saying that he was headed home, but had to dial back into the conference call that he had been on since 2 and he didn't know when he would be off. Sure enough he got home a little after 6 and was still on the call until just before our friends showed up at 6:30! I had to entertain Miles and clean the whole house by myself while prepping all the food that we were to make. Fortunately we were grilling so that could wait until they actually arrived! Even so, we didn't eat until late and Miles went to bed at 8:30 that night.

Saturday a friend brought her nephew over and we went to the aquarium. It was so much fun! They have a jungle theme and lots of animals in addition to regular aquarium fair. The kids really enjoyed the seal who would swim by and "scream" at them. Because we were running late leaving poor Miles skipped his afternoon nap. We had dinner plans with another family and he ended up melting down right after we finished eating. They were very gracious and understood completely. We left but he didn't fall asleep in the car so he stayed up until 8 that night.

Sunday we had no real plans and wanted to keep it that way. We ended up going to half price books and messing around there for a while then coming home and grilling again and going for a nice walk. I had read about someone making homemade soft pretzels last week and I was dying to try it! So I made up a batch of dough before we went to the bookstore and let it rise while we were gone. We made those up on the grill and they were fantastic! I can't wait to try it again.

Today the weather is supposed to be nice before beginning to rain off and on for the rest of the week. I think Miles and I are going to take advantage of it while we can. We'll go for a walk after he gets up from his nap and maybe again after Jared gets home. I weighed myself this morning and I was not too happy. :( Not too upset, but I don't want to get there either.

No comments: