Friday, August 14, 2009

Day three

Mom was in a good deal of pain yesterday when we went to visit her in the ICU. Today she seemed much better. In fact, shortly after we arrived a nurse came in and was checking up on her. During the course she asked about pain level. Mom gave it a level 2. I'd say that's great. A day and a half after major surgery and the surgery results that she had to say that she isn't in much pain. Sure she has good pain drugs, but I know she tries not use them all that much.

Things I'm Thankful for Today...
1) Mom seems to be recovering well
2) My grandmother arrived in town today, and I've been able to spend a bit of time with her
3) Miles behaved much better today.


My dad asked about mom being released. The nurse wouldn't make a prediction, but did give a few things that they would look for before release. She also said that most of the signs that mom is showing are great and she is on her way!

No comments: