Thursday, September 17, 2009

Chemo has begun

Riding a small guage train in Austin last weekend.

My mom had her first round of chemotherapy yesterday. They told her that she probably won't begin feeling the effects for a couple of days. She says that she still feels pretty well. In fact, she's looking forward to getting out for a little while today, so Miles and I are going to head over there in a little bit. One of the chemo drugs is supposed to make her lose her hair. I'm really sad about that. I'm not looking forward to seeing my mother with no hair, but I've realized that dwelling on it too much is not helping and it is really a selfish standpoint anyway. At this point I'm not looking forward to it, but prepared that it will come.
Riding a small guage train in Austin last weekend.

It's still raining here. We had a good part of one day with no rain, I think it was the day before yesterday, but other than that it's still very wet.

Also, I'm trying to enter a contest to win a gallery wrap canvas. It's being hosted by Tidy Mom. I'm really excited. Come join in, and good luck!

No comments: