Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Progress Report

We have been having a bit of a tough time lately. Miles received his mid year review (progress report) on Friday. It wasn't great. He happens to be in a very advanced class, but he is behind where he should be. We have decided to redouble our efforts. This is nothing we can't overcome. His teacher mentioned possibly holding him back to K4 again net year. He is in a class where all the boys are much older than him, and they would be with him every year. He is beginning to read, which is exciting! I think we are going to be just fine. It has been emotionally exhausting though. Most everything else is on hold. There are some really big gaps in his knowledge.

As a break we are looking forward to Miles' birthday party. It is monster themed. We sent out regular fill in the blank invites, and it is going to be really small. We are only inviting the 3 other k4 boys, one k5 (good friend), and the neighbor girl. 5 guests total if all show up, but we did include their siblings because the party will be at noon on a Tuesday (right after school). I can't wait to post some pictures!

My weekend is going to be busy. My mom and sister are "hosting" a table at a women's luncheon on Saturday and I'm attending. Then on Sunday I'm going with my MIL to my husband's cousin's baby shower. She is having her 4th! The first girl! I'm sure it will be fun.

No comments: